Why Hybrid Rye for Silage?
Hybrid Rye silage is a high energy, nutrient dense feedstuff that provides high quality soluble fibers critical to rumen health and animal performance.
- Profit Potential – opportunity to implement double cropping systems and ultimately more tons of silage per acre.
- Crop Durability – wider and deeper root system which improves drought tolerance, requires fewer fertilizer inputs and has been bred for high disease resistance.
- Risk Management – diversifies risk compared to only planting spring crops.
- Workload Management – allows management of more acres with similar labor.
- Environmental Management – uses less water than other cereals and improves soil health by reducing erosion and nutrient leaching.